Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finally in the kitchen! Butter Twists

Well, I have finally been able to get in the kitchen a little bit and I actually  have something to post about!  This was an extremely busy weekend for my family because we were baptizing my BEAUTIFUL baby niece, and there were tons of out-of-town family members to entertain and dinners to go to!  Somehow, I still managed to get into the kitchen for a little while tonight while my husband entertained the baby (he can be an angel sometimes).  I originally was preparing these cookies to give as a gift to a co-worker who had helped me out about a month back when I was preparing for my own daughter's baptism, but I seem to have eaten so many of the cookies myself, I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to give her a half-full tin of cookies as a gift!
 I made this following a Martha Stewart recipe, and they really were delicious!  There is something just so simple and buttery and delicious about them, you won't be able to stop eating them!  They have a kind of buttery, melt-in-your-mouth crunch that makes them divine.  You can see that I shaped them like pretzels instead of twists, just because I thought it would be cute.  I tried sprinkling them with a little sanding sugar to give them a bit of sparkle, but it didn't really seem to stick.  I think maybe that would've worked better if I had brushed them with a little beaten egg first, but that probably would've changed the color of these buttery wonders, too.  Either way, I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment